Orlando, FL – April 5, 2017 – On April 5 at 10:30 AM, SafeLogic’s Mark Minnoch presented on InfoSec World‘s Information Protection track.
In this session we will attack the status quo of healthcare technology, providing attendees with the insight and tools to complete due diligence on the security capabilities of their vendors. Mark Minnoch, Technical Account Manager for SafeLogic, will explain the distinctions of validated encryption and its mandatory role in Safe Harbor, as well as shedding light on the confusion and FUD spread by non-compliant vendors. This is crucial knowledge for healthcare professionals responsible for the selection, acquisition, and deployment of technology, and an opportunity for attendees to really pick the brain of Minnoch, a seasoned veteran of enterprise security software.
• Assess the security compliance levels of deployed technology in your organization
• Distinguish between compliant and non-compliant encryption that will determine whether Safe Harbor is in effect
• Learn about specific requirements in the HITECH Breach Notification Interim Final Rule
• Learn about appropriate action for non-compliance
• Develop a strategy to ensure that only compliant technology is approved for future use