SafeLogic does not sell user information. We do use browsing data for advertising and marketing purposes, but we also recognize that it is counter-productive to creep out our target demographic, so we only collect basic information, guard it carefully, and we do not abuse it.
To be more specific, we do sometimes use third party services, which may place cookies on your browser for targeted advertising purposes. We may capture IP addresses, cookie identifiers or other tracking technologies such as pixels, hashed identifiers derived from email addresses for the purposes of cross-device tracking for targeted advertising, or end-user website activity.
We do all this just to show you ads later so that you don’t forget to talk to us about FIPS 140. If you’d rather not see these ads, we suggest using a VPN or Private Browsing and clearing your cookie cache regularly.
We’ve also been advised by one of our vendors that website traffic from California should be provided with additional disclosures as required by CCPA, which you can find here.
Here are more options for controlling the targeted ads (sometimes called “interest-based ads”) you receive and how we use your data:
Opting-out of this type of advertising through the below methods will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they will not be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting.
- Web browser: You can opt-out of receiving personalized ads (including retargeted ads) served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve and following the instructions provided. Please note that this “opt-out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt-out cookie”, thus, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt-out again.
- Cross Device Opt- Out: In some cases we may link multiple browsers or devices to you. If you opt-out on a browser or device and we have additional devices or browsers linked to you, we will extend your opt-out decision to any other linked browsers and devices. Since we only link users across browsers and devices in some conditions, there could be cases where you are still being tracked in a different browser or device we have not linked, and where we are treating you as a different user.
- Mobile Device Opt-Out: To opt-out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting; and
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Select Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”.
You may use the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt-out tool here, which will allow you to opt-out of seeing personalized ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
You may also opt-out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) website here, in compliance with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
Please contact us at info@SafeLogic.com if you have any concerns. Thanks!