Still on OpenSSL 1.0.2? SafeLogic has strategic options for Premium Extended Support and migration to the first OpenSSL 3.0 FIPS Provider. LEARN MORE!
Remained on OpenSSL 1.0.2 for strategic reasons?
SafeLogic Has Two Options for You.
OpenSSL 1.0.2 has been in ‘End of Life’ (EOL) status since 12/31/2019, creating a cascade of strategic issues for vendors that rely upon it. SafeLogic's solutions are focused on the needs of companies with dependencies on FIPS 140, which has limited the range of possibilities... until now.
Option #1 - SafeLogic's Premium Extended Support for OpenSSL 1.0.2
SafeLogic provides bug fixes and security patches for OpenSSL 1.0.2 within strict SLAs to ensure that your exposure to vulnerabilities is minimized.
This is often the preferred option for companies that want to:
- Eliminate known software flaws
- Reassure customers that the architecture is being actively supported
- Reduce their engineering work for the short term
- Delay migration until an upcoming new major version of their product
- Continue to deploy the OpenSSL 1.0.2 architecture because it is locked into your existing certifications
- Buy some time before executing Option #2
Option #2 - SafeLogic's OpenSSL 3.0 FIPS Provider
In a new offering slated for release this fall, SafeLogic will debut the first OpenSSL 3.0 FIPS Provider with a validation certificate! Leveraging SafeLogic's proprietary adapter technology, companies can also choose to continue using their existing FIPS 140 validated module, but within the latest OpenSSL 3.0 architecture.
This will likely be the preferred option for companies that want to:
- Leverage the new OpenSSL 3.0 APIs in tandem with a FIPS validated module as soon as possible
- Deploy TLS 1.3 alongside FIPS 140
- Complete their first, or an all-new FIPS 140 validation
- Pursue their first, or an all-new FedRAMP certification
- Build a new product with the flexibility to adopt the latest OpenSSL architecture
Both options can leverage SafeLogic's CryptoComply module + RapidCert service for accelerated FIPS 140 validation!
Not sure which strategy to select?
Interested in leveraging both options to balance short and long term goals?
Fill out the form and talk to SafeLogic's experts!