Important News:CryptoComply FIPS 140-3 Early Access Program is now open. Learn more!
FIPS 140 Validation Has Become an Essential Security Compliance Requirement
Companies selling technology that performs encryption to the federal government must obtain NIST certification confirming their cryptography has been tested and approved for government use
Without an active FIPS certificate in your company's name, federal procurement agents may block acquisition of your products. You could be frozen out of all markets requiring FIPS validated solutions
When it Comes to FIPS, Don't Confuse Validation, Certification and Compliance
Many people assume these are synonyms. With FIPS, they are not. In fact, there is a huge difference between them.
Validation means your company's cryptography module has passed a formal testing process with a NIST-approved lab. Certified means your company has received a certificate in its name from NIST that verifies your module has been validated
Some claim using another company’s certified module constitutes 'FIPS compliant’(which is called by some 'FIPS inside'). But compliance is not always good enough. Compliant today may also not be compliant tomorrow if someone else’s module goes out of compliance (e.g., goes historical). Historical certificates cannot be used for new government acquisitions
Also, government procurement agents may block acquisition of products that do not have FIPS certification in their own name listed in NIST's validated modules database.
Why take the chance?
Only SafeLogic's Unique FIPS Validation-as-Service Expedites and Maintains Your FIPS Validation Over Time
Getting your own cryptography software reviewed, tested, validated, and certified by NIST can take as long as two years, not counting the time required to develop the software. SafeLogic literally cuts the time required to achieve NIST certification from two years to two months, then keeps your certification active over time with these three key capabilities.
CryptoComply is SafeLogic’s flagship software, a family of FIPS 140 validated cryptographic software modules that support multiple operating systems, platforms, and languages. They deliver “Drop-in Compliance” as direct replacements for popular open-source crypto providers. SafeLogic ensures that as FIPS 140 standards evolve or other relevant changes occur, it keeps CryptoComply FIPS 140 validated modules up-to-date.
SafeLogic revolutionized the FIPS industry twelve years ago with RapidCert, the industry's first expedited FIPS 140 validation program. Get FIPS certification of your CryptoComply solution, in your name, in only two months with RapidCert. Our FIPS validation boundary excludes your proprietary product code so you can update and iterate releases independently from FIPS 140 requirements.
MaintainCert is a fixed-cost, white-glove service that takes over upon the delivery of RapidCert, proactively ensuring your NIST certification does not go ‘historical’ due to discovered vulnerabilities or other factors. While MaintainCert does include enterprise-level support for CryptoComply, don’t confuse it with a software maintenance agreement, as MaintainCert covers both your software and your certificate.
Why Do Leading Technology Companies Leverage FIPS Validation-as-a-Service?
- Less Expertise and Effort Required. Sure you could hire and train your own team to work with a FIPS lab to achieve and maintain FIPS certification, but couldn’t your engineers deliver more value to your customers on other projects?
- Faster Time to Market. If you are new to federal markets, did you want to start generating revenue in two months or two years?
- Predictable Fixed Costs Over Time. How much will it cost you to develop your encryption software, get it certified by NIST, then get it recertified multiple times over it’s lifetime to avoid going Historical?
Why is SafeLogic Your Best Option for FIPS Validation-as-a-Service?
No company knows more about FIPS validation than SafeLogic. We revolutionized the industry 12 years ago with the first expedited validation program, RapidCert. Now we are revolutionizing the industry again with the first FIPS certification managed service, MaintainCert.
- Only SafeLogic provides the three necessary elements to expedite your initial FIPS validation and certification in two months, then keep your certification valid at a predictable, fixed cost until its sunset date
- SafeLogic provides full commercial support for your mission-critical products
- You're in good company with SafeLogic. Many of the largest technologies companies in the world rely in SafeLogic to expedite and maintain their FIPS certifications